ActiveWest Builders has been awarded the National Outstanding LEED-Homes Production Builder by the United States Green Building Council for developing Meadow Ranch in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho consisting of all LEED Certified, Primarily Platinum homes. This equates to 80 LEED Certified homes in Coeur d’Alene! They are also all Energy Star Certified thus prompting Pacific NW Energy Star to proclaim and promote ActiveWest as 1 in 6 super efficient homebuilders in the Pacific Northwest.
In 2011 Meadow Ranch earned its LEED-ND certification.
We spend 90% of our time indoors and where we live and work has a significant impact on our physical health, well-being and lifestyle. By achieving certification, an ActiveWest home will be a home that a family will truly love to come home to, because it’s a more healthy, high-performing place to live.
The Benefits Of LEED/Energy Star
- Achieving LEED® & Energy Star Certifications
- HERS Scores avg. – 46 and Blower Door Tests avg. – 1.6
- Radiant Floor Heat; Insulated Domestic Hot Water Lines
- Low-Flow Faucets, Toilets & Showerheads
- Radon-Mitigation; Non-Toxic Pest Control
- No VOC Interior Finishes; Formaldehyde-Free Insulation
- Recycled, Low Emission, Locally-Sourced Materials;
- 95% Construction Waste Diverted from Landfills
- True R-Values of Walls - R23 & Ceilings - R49 – (Beyond Building Codes)
- Dual Glazed, Low E windows < .29 U value;
- Panasonic Exhaust Fans & ERV Fresh Air Units
- ASHREA 62.2 Compliant Ensuring Proper Ventilation & High IAQ
- Energy Heel Wall Construction & Recycled Blown-in Cellulose Insulation
- Low-Maintenance Yards, Drip Irrigation & Rain Buckets at Down Spouts
- Custom Counter/Cabinet Heights & Full-Extension, Self Closing Drawers
- Grab Bar Blocking, Comfort Height Elongated Toilets, No Curb Showers
- Adaptable Bathrooms & Kitchens with Basic Gripping Features
- Zero-Step Entrance & Visible Wide Passageways